Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Time4Learning Review

A few weeks back, a friend of mine forwarded an e-mail from Time4Learning that said I could try out Time4Learning with my homeschooler for 30 days, and then review the program, for free. Okay. About that time we were looking for something else to try out for homeschooling, so, yeah! Sign me up.

I did.  And I must say that for the most part, Time4Learning is a really worthwhile program. However: as a homeschooling parent, BE PREPARED to spend some time actually going over the curriculum, so you can match up your kid with the right place in the program.

Things I like: It's online, and it's a very reasonable price.  I have a lot of control over what my kid does (or doesn't do). It keeps my kid engaged. You can assign your student the chapter test before you have them do the work: that way, if they pass the test, they don't have to go over material they already know. Genius.

Things that could work better: I have yet to get onto the Parent forums, and that's not for lack of trying! Every time I tried this it timed out. Also, I wish there were chapter tests in 8th grade math - that way I could more easily figure out where my kid needs to be in the curriculum.

Overall, minor complaints for a very thorough program.

On another note: Odysseyware is used by a local school district for their in-school suspension room.  (Ask me how I know this...) So this is a pretty legit program.   

1 comment:

  1. I use Time4Learning with my own kids, and I really enjoyed reading your review. I've had the same problem accessing the Parent Forums, but it seems to be a temporary glitch. There's some great info in those parent forums, so don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete